As a Business Simulations facilitator, even though you might have been assured that everything you need is exactly as you asked for it at the venue and the internet is world-class, you need to be prepared when it is not!
That is because any failures will directly reflect on you even if you are not responsible.
In addition, there are also some things which just help you to be look professional and be more effective.
So here is what I carry in my “magic bag of tricks” for every simulation I facilitate:
- A MiFi Mobile Dongle – in case the internet fails, topped up and charged
- A whistle or a horn to get people’s attention and protect your voice
- A Cable Bag with HDMI, USB and the cables and adaptors you might ever need
- Your own laptop computer with its power supply
- A good mini external speaker in case there is no audio connection
- A Tablet with a Timer App which the whole room can read
- Prizes (e.g., you can buy a bag of 48 fake gold medals for £5)
- Spare Team Paper Handouts
- Giant Post-IT notes
- A USB Memory Stick with all your slides in case you need to move them quickly
- A clicker to advance your PowerPoint slides (which is tested and fully charged)
- A Nano Projector in case the provided projector is inadequate, power resolution or breaks down
AND .... if you pack carefully they all fit easily into your laptop case or rucksack!